Vegetable Garden

Monday, June 20, 2011

Viennoiserie Day #2

Danish

Another fun day in the sweet kitchen.  This is my first attempt at making Danish and it turned out to be delicious.  It's flaky on the outside and soft on the inside.  Most people in class gave their Danish a coat of icing but I deliberately left it out.  I am truly not so fond of sugary fondant icing.

We also made a fruit cake which was packed with lovely dried fruits.  I gave half a loaf to my Brit ex-boss/friend, food enthusiast. What's better than to ask a Brit for his opinion on fruit cakes!  I wonder if he's going to have it with cheese.  Apparently that's what some Brits do.

Fruit Cake

As usual, my class is super efficient in kitchen.  We (as usual) made our required pastries with much time to spare.  So we made an "extra" - a jalapeno cornbread.  It's a little dry for my taste.  I might repurpose it into a stuffing of some sort.
 Jalapeno Cornbread

2 comments:

  1. The fruitcake was great! Signed: A Brit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made the jalapeno cornbread this week too! Except I used Jiffy...

    ReplyDelete