Vegetable Garden

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Eaters Wanted

Yes... all made today...


Today was an incredibly difficult day in class.  My partner was out sick and I had to work alone to produce the Kugelhopf, Muffins, Brioche and Cookies.  My head was spinning by the time lunch time came around.  I hope Gretchen, my partner, will be back tomorrow. 


Kugelhopf (Austrian Bowl Cake)
The Kugelhopf is more of a cake than a bread, but unlike most cakes that are leavened with baking powder/baking soda, it is leavened with yeast.  I like the texture and flavor - it's light, not too sweet... makes a delightful pastry for breakfast or tea time.


Brioche
I ended up with twice the amount of brioche as I otherwise would have since my partner was out today.  Vince and I walked to the West Side to off load some Brioche at our friend's.

Cherry Muffins
These muffins are...well... quite ordinary. 

Cookies

Cookies - not part of Viennoiserie, but since we had time to kill, Chef Jeanne had us bake cookies.  We were allowed to use any ingredients available in the kitchen our cookies, so mine were chocolate chip coconut hazelnut crunch cookies.  They are quite delicious!

2 comments:

  1. I had the best breakfast of the year this morning! If you ever run into a case of "Eaters Wanted" again, please look no further... Thanks for the treat!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that! The Kugelhopf was delicious. I'm still in heaven from just eating it with my morning coffee. Luckily, I have a second piece. :)

    ReplyDelete