Vegetable Garden

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tarte Aux Tomates


Tarte Aux Tomates
 Today was started the unit on Pate Feuillette (Puff Pastry).  The picture above is of a Tomato Tart which we made, but I am not sure why we made this tart except for the reason of having something to bring home.  Anyway, the tomato tart filling is cooked down tomatoes, celery, carrots, onions and herb blended in a food processor.  It's quite tasty... I would say it's like a cross between a tomato soup and a pizza.

We made 2 types of puff pastry today (layers of dough and butter) and we'll be baking them tomorrow.  The school's a/c went off towards the end of the day and I can say that making puff pastry in a warm kitchen can be challenging.  I could feel the butter in the dough melt right before my eyes.  I don't think I've ever rolled out a piece of dough so quickly in my life.  I suppose I'll find out tomorrow if it all worked out.

2 comments:

  1. I love this mixing up of sweet and savory :) Hugues

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks very tasty. Can you make it into a muffin? If so, let me know how!

    ReplyDelete