Vegetable Garden

Monday, June 13, 2011

Pithivier, Jalousie, Tart Tatin

When I first saw a picture of the Pithivier a month ago at the beginning of the program, I thought to myself that it is not possible for me to make something quite so "perfect" looking.  Today, I proved myself wrong.  I can't believe it, this entire thing was hand shaped.  There were no special tools involved.  We used a big piping tip to trace the shape for the scallop edges and a paring knife to score the rest.

Pithivier

The next dessert is called "Jalousie".  According to Merriam-Webster, Jalousie is a blind with adjustable horizontal slats for admitting light and air while excluding direct sun and rain or a a window made of adjustable glass louvers that control ventilation.  This explains it.
Jalousie

Jalousie filled with Raspberry Jam and Almond Cream

We also made Tart Tatin, and I ate a slice for dessert after lunch ^_^.  It was DELICIOUS!

Tart Tatin




2 comments:

  1. Gosh, the pastry that you dropped off yesterday with the almond creme and berry jam was so delicious. I ate some for dessert last night and the rest with coffee this morning like you suggested. What a fine breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, everything looks so delish!!!

    ReplyDelete