Vegetable Garden

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Flourless Day

The cakes we made today were both without flour... well, needless to say, it's high in sugar and fats.

The chocolate & hazelnut cake is a 6-layer stack of light sponge cake with chocolate-hazelnut mousse in between each layer of cake.  If you like Nutella, you're going to love this cake.  (And I do love Nutella)

Chocolate & Hazelnut Cake

Chocolate Hazelnut Cake Slice

This flourless chocolate cake was covered in creme d'or (melted chocolate with whipped cream) and decorated with Chocolate Meringues.  I can't say which cake is more delicious because both are fantastic!


Flourless Chocolate Cake Covered in Chocolate Meringues


With these 2 desserts we have come to the end of level I.  Tomorrow is another test day (on cakes) and we'll moving on to level 2 thereafter.

1 comment:

  1. I gobbled up the Chocolate Meringue. I didn't think I'd like it because I'm not a fan of meringue but it was fantastic! Unfortunately, I have to do some serious exercise to offset the high calories.

    ReplyDelete