Vegetable Garden

Monday, May 16, 2011

Tarts, Tarts and more Tarts!

Yay, today's another successful day in the Sweet Kitchen.  Look, aren't these Tarte Aux Fruits Frais (fresh fruit tarts) perky?  Makes me happy just looking at them :o)

This Tart Bourdaloue (Pear & Almond Tart Bourdaloue Style) is really yummy  I wish I could send desserts via email.  The flaky pie dough was a pain to roll out but it was totally worth the effort.  The pears were poached in 1 liter of wine and a whole vanilla bean. The aroma of the poaching liquid was like perfume.  I was so sad to throw out the poaching liquid after the pears were done.

Just in case you're wondering where these tarts went - Bart the Super, Steve the doorman, neighbors across the hallway and neighbor on the 5th floor.

I hope I will be able to replicate these for my exam next week.

1 comment:

  1. The pear tart was delicious. Thanks Sharon. My friend broke her diet to have a second slice. She couldn't stop gushing about it. I was the same.

    ReplyDelete