Vegetable Garden

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

No More Chocolate... For Now...

We have come to the end of Chocolate Part I.  Frankly, I am glad.  I love working with chocolate but it's a tedious and finicky ingredient.  I need a break from chocolate (for now) and I am sure I will enjoy the next chocolate unit more after the newly acquired "chocolate knowledge" makes its way into my permanent mental database.

I can't believe that we learnt so much about this rather complex ingredient in just one week.  I made this box today in just 3 hours.  The first box (the bento chocolate box in last week's post) took me 2 days.  A few people asked how I got the flower pattern onto the chocolate, so here's how I did it.  First I filled a paper cone with white tempered chocolate, piped the flower pattern on a piece of parchment paper.  After the white chocolate has set, I poured tempered dark chocolate over the flower pattern. 


We also made this Queen of Sheba cake in addition to making the box and taking the written test on Chocolate. 
Reine De Saba (Queen of Sheba Cake)

1 comment: